Below we signpost to some tasty recipes for you to try during Organuary. With that in mind, we just wanted to mention that although we signpost to websites, we’re not responsible for the content on those websites.
If you have any specific dietary requirements then you might need to adjust some of the recipes to become more suitable for your way of eating. For example, if you’re following a gluten-free or low-carb diet then you should remove the bread, flour or potato from the recipes that contain them. And if you’re avoiding industrial seed oils then you’ll want to replace them with natural fats such as beef dripping, butter or lard.
- Beef Heart Stew from Healthy Recipes Blog.
- Easy Beef Heart Steak from The Nourished Caveman.
- Bacon Stuffed Lamb Hearts from Great British Chef.
- Offaly Good Chicken Heart Yakitori from Jess Pryles.
- Grilled Deer Heart With Peppers from Honest Food.
- Offaly Good Beef Ragu from Izabella Natrins.
- Calf Kidney In Cream from KetoKookin’.
- Spicy Devilled Lamb’s Kidneys from The Harcombe Diet Club.
- Lambs’ Kidneys In Red Wine from Delia Smith.
- Devilled Lambs Kidneys With Mushrooms from The Low Carb Diabetic.
With the high amounts of vitamin A in mind, we recommend not to exceed 150g of beef or lamb’s liver per week. Chicken liver has slightly less vitamin A and so we recommend not to exceed 230g per week. If you’re pregnant you should avoid liver altogether.
- Minced Liver from Snapguide.
- Grilled Beef Liver from Keto Vale.
- Sliced Liver & Onions from The Harcombe Diet Club.
- Pork & Chicken Liver Terrine from Autoimmune Wellness.
- Chicken Liver Mousse from Real Everything.
- Peri Peri Chicken Livers from Real Meal Revolution.
- Liver & Bacon Meatballs from The Nourished Caveman.
- Pan Seared Liver With Smoked Bacon from Keto Diet App.
- Chicken Liver In Mushroom Sauce With Broccoli Mash from DietDoctor.
- Andy’s Easy Liver Pate from The Harcombe Diet Club. (TOP TIP: If you’re trying to encourage children to eat organ meats, you can sprinkle this into meals that they already enjoy. Such as a bolognese based meals.)
- Simple Tomato Tripe from SBS.
- Tripe Alla Romana from Finedining Lovers.
- Cheeky Abruzzo Style Tripe from Vincenzo’s Plate.
- Dominican Style Tripe Stew from Smart Little Cookie.
- Spicy Mexican Tripe Soup (Menudo) from The Spruce Eats.
- Grilled Sweetbread from Epicurious.
- Spicy Sauteed Sweetbread from Serious Eats.
- Roasted Sweetbread With Sauteed Vegetables from All My Chefs.